Redirecting you to www.Domesticallyengineered.com

Redirecting you to www.Domesticallyengineered.com

Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Pumpkin Tree

Hello again! Things have been quite busy around the house lately. With the holidays approaching soon, we have lots to do to get ready for them. My husband brought the Halloween decorations down from the attic today. As I was going through them I decided I had everything I needed to decorate a little black tree I had purchased from the fabric store. They were having a 50% off sale on all Halloween decorations - SCORE! I picked one up knowing that this day would come.


I found my old trick-or-treat pumpkin - you know the one - made of plastic with a thin black handle that always falls out and makes it super hard to carry when you actually fill it up with candy. I could never get rid of it though - I mean that pumpkin and I have lots of history together! Well that little fellow now has a new purpose - it is now the base of my Happy Pumpkin Tree. I stuffed it with cotton batting and newspaper then laid a piece of burlap on top so that when I dropped the tree inside it would gather around the base nicely filling any gaps.


I have a big black cauldron where I keep little toys and for the kids that visit my house on Halloween and decided to raid it for tree decorations. SCORE! yet again - I found these cute little mini pumpkins that I had purchased a few years ago. These are PERFECT for my Happy Pumpkin Tree - They are colorful and look very happy.


Now my little dull black tree was looking more lively. To top it off, I decided to tie a pretty Halloween bow from some ribbon I already had and voila! I give you the Happy Pumpkin Tree...




I am linked up @
Sumo Sweet Stuff

My Craftie Life

Party Button

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I've really been wanting a Halloween tree. Great job!

    Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's GENIUS! Too cute!
    You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie linky Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!
    Allie, thanks for the invitation to your linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a neat site you have here! Love you baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I love that you made something for what you have. Great job.

    ReplyDelete